Monday, September 1, 2008

The Saga Begins

I have arrived. After a hectic journey and one lost bag, I found myself in Montmarte in the 18eme arrondisment of Paris, France. The open markets, the cafes with outside terraces, the reek of urine... it's beautiful. My peers and I are staying in a small hotel at the bottom of Sacre Coeur. Our favorite thing to do is to spend our nights admiring the beautiful city from the stairs of Sacre Coeur, downing 2.50 Euro bottles of wine. Classy.
Out of the 53 students in my program there are 8 males. At least one fits in quite well with the girls if you know what I mean. It's almost like a French sorority? I love it.
Tomorrow we will be informed of our future homes and maybe even our future families. It's interesting to know that my life for the next few months is unforetold and will basically begin on Saturday. I have no idea where i'm living in this huge city, and my best friends could be all the way across the city from me. It's slightly unsettling.
As of right now, I feel like I'm on vacation, touring Paris with money in my bank account, and a friend always at hand. I believe the beginning of the end comes Saturday. Stay with me.

2 comments:

Tobias said...

Good luck, sis. We've got your back back here in the states (and the District of Columbia)!

Joel Sellier said...

45:7 - sheesh! why didn't I study abroad in Paris?! 2.50 Euro a bottle... cette une bonne trouve! I'm proud of you...